Wednesday, June 15, 2011

see you at the finish line julia childs

  So here I am, inside on a day off from work hiding from what looks to be a large storm, watching Julia Childs cook everything with butter and out-cook all the top male chefs while her husband stands firmly at her side, how lovely. It’s been a while since I’ve last blogged and it feels like so much has happened yet nothing at all.
  Firstly and most importantly I have seen my first bear and it was HUGE. To make matter worse I had a stroller full of adorable babies and I couldn’t help but think that the bear must think I’m tempting him with cute bait. I hope this is my final encounter with northern bears as they are massive and vicious and remind me of being attacked by a bear in British Columbia, trust me once is enough. 
  This Saturday is the Bear-a-thon Marathon and tonight I go to pick up my t-shirt and my racing number. I cannot wait to be in possession of my very own bear-a-thon shirt, I vow to wear it on the plane home! Also fast approaching is Aboriginal Day. It’s next Tuesday, but they have a lot of events going on this weekend. I don’t really know what Aboriginal Day entails but I hope it’s a blast. 
  Ben was sick last week and I made Matzah Ball soup from the Matzah Mix my grandma sent up with me, I’m willing to bet I’m the only living Jew in Norman Wells let alone the only person who knew what a Matzah Ball was, however, Ben is better now so I stand by what I say when I say that it cures everything. 
  We've started Baseball season and so far our team is about as good as Luongo when they play in Boston but I’m sensing we’ll improve quickly and hopefully win seeing as I’m a huge fan of winning, just like Charlie Sheen. 
  I think I’ve fully adapted to this whole northern remote town way of living and I find myself falling into a deeper and deeper love affair with small towns, I feel like I’m cheating on Toronto but something tells me my absence from Toronto will only make my heart grow fonder. 
  I've been wondering what polar bears do in the summer? They must get very dirty, although I suppose that would allow them to confuse prey and pounce that much more efficiently. Alright, out of fear of being electrocuted from this storm I’m off. Hopefully the rain will wash those polar bears clean.

1 comment:

  1. hello Freckles...been enjoying your new view (much the same as mine when I first arrived...Yikes, trailer town; what have I done??) & hopefully the G-eyed barmaid won't cast her eye thisaway,(heheh!)but then, you can run & bite so you should be ok...
    By now you know we have no polar bears here, yet...but if you cross the river towards the Mackenzie Mts you'll find grizzlies.
    Also, the dump is aptly known as Canadian Tire or Home Depot.
    I was at the Bearathon Marathon too; as you say, small town!
    Happy blogging (& as JBrown says, 'get up on your good foot' if you start feeling small.

    ReplyDelete